Odds and Ends in the Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology
- Mary Pitti, Clinical Associate Professor and Jana Waller, Clinical Assistant Professor were inducted into the Alpha Eta Society, Honor Society for the Allied Health Professions, at the May, 2018 HSHP reception
- Dr. Skott Jones and Dr. Yvonne Rogalski were awarded tenure during the 2015–16 academic year. Mary Pitti and Susan Durnford were promoted to Clinical Associate Professor, and Jana Waller was promoted to Clinical Assistant Professor.
- We are happy to celebrate the 15-year anniversary of Dr. Barbara Johnson-Root and the 30-year anniversary of Marie Sanford as faculty members in the Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology at IC.
- Dr. Amy Rominger was selected as one of 30 national audiologists to participate in the American Speech-Language Hearing Association’s Leadership Development program for 2016–17.
- Susan Durnford, three other IC faculty members (Juan Arroyo, Catherine Gooch, and Maria DiFrancesco), and one IC occupational therapy student (Jada Gooch) traveled to Monte Plata in the Dominican Republic in spring 2015 to provide hearing screenings and install a computer lab with Internet access to a school of 320 children between the ages of one and twelve years.
- Binghamton University’s Philanthropy Incubator awarded $5,000 to the Southern Tier Alternative Therapies Strides program. Tina Caswell is the speech-language pathologist and clinical supervisor of this program, which combines horses, iPads, and 1:1 speech therapy to motivate non-verbal children to gain rapid results with communication.
- Dr. Skott Jones and Dr. Yvonne Rogalski were inducted into the Alpha Eta Society, Honor Society for the Allied Health Professions, at its 2015 ceremony.
Originally published in Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology: Odds and Ends in the Department of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology.