- BIOL-12100 Principles of Biology, Ecology & Evolution Lecture & Labs
- Independent Research
Previously taught at IC:
- BIOL-11400 Evolutionary Biology
- ICSM 10500-07 Inquiring Minds
- ICSM 10500-37 Seeing Further (with Dave Gondek)
- Dr. Blanca Hernandez-Baños - Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (Undergrad and masters)
- Dr. Adolfo Navarro-Sigüenza - Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (Undergrad and masters)
- Dr. Kevin Omland - University of Maryland, Baltimore County (PhD)
- Dr. Renetta Tull - University of Maryland, Baltimore County (Postdoctoral)
- Dr. Robert Fleischer - Smithsonian Conservation Biology Institute, National Zoological Park (Postdoctoral)
- Dr. Susan Witherup - Ithaca College (Postdoctoral)
Main Research Topic:
Population genetics and evolution of neotropical birds, especially those with populations on islands. Trying to conserve what is left!
• Birds are important to me because:
They are not only pretty but very important for the ecosystem, some plants won’t germinate without passing through their gut. Plus, is a good way of interacting with people that are not biologists, many of them have bird feeders just to see the pretty birds.