I'm an assistant professor in the Media Production concentration of the Television-Radio program at Ithaca College and have been teaching at the Park School of Communications since 2003. Video production is my specialty (field and studio). Some of the classes I teach: Introduction to Field Production, Fiction Field Production, Introduction to Audio Production, Introduction to Studio Production, Media Writing, Introduction to Mass Media, Broadcast News Reporting and Television Production & Direction.
Most students enrolling in my classes finish the semester with a confident smile. I make an attempt to keep all my classes interesting, engaging and challenging. Regardless of the class, all students will find themselves working on projects that will help develop their skills and expand their knowledge of the industry.
Before teaching at Ithaca, I worked for the ABC television affiliate, NewsChannel 9, in Syracuse, NY for over fourteen years as a producer/director, supervisor and other positions. During those years I produced over a thousand TV commercials, at least eight telethons, and various special projects. I continue to work as a freelance video producer/director in central New York.
If you would like to see examples of my students' work, click on the "Documents" link above left.
* M.A., Television/Radio/Film, Syracuse University, NY
* Inside the Edge, (documentary)
* Write, Produce and/or Direct 1000+ broadcast television commercials
* Produced or Line Produced at least a dozen telethons and special events
Courses taught at IC:
* Introduction to Media Production
* Introduction to Field Production
* Television Production & Direction
* Media Writing
* Broadcast Reporting
* Introduction to Mass Media
Courses previously taught at other schools:
* Electronic Media Management
* Sports Field Production
* TV Production & Direction
* Advanced Electronic Field Production
* Broadcast Performance
* Media Copywriting
* Radio Production
* Television Production
* Broadcast Reporting
* Survey of Public Relations
Major Volunteer Efforts through Ithaca College:
* Rebuild New Orleans - Spring Break week 2006