Multiple internal smaller grant awards to the students for summer research support including IC Dana Internships, Regional ACS section internships, two minority scholar summer internships from the American Chemical Society Petroleum Research Fund, NSF REU awards for joint porjects and IC summer faculty research grants.
External Grants and AWARDS:
- 2010 Fulbright Lecturer/Scholar Award for joint project with University of Buenos Aires, Argentina, which focused on carborane ionic materials structural studies and nitroxyl chemistry research. Followed by 2013-2015 Fulbright Alumni Ambassador appointment.
- "Advancing Organometallic Catalysis via Incorporating Weakly-Coordinating Carborane Anions into Cationic Half-Sandwich Electrophilic Complexes" ACS PRF 35K (2006) for 2+ years
- "Non-coordinating carborane counterions for cationic organometallic catalysis" Research Corporation Cottrell College Award 39K (2006) for 2+ years
- Co-PI to National Science Foundation Major Research Instrumentation Grant proposal: Acquisition of an NMR Spectrometer to Support Undergraduate Research and Curriculum Reform 257K (2005)
- "Design of Ionic liquids based on non-coordinating carborane anions" submitted to Research Corporation - currently under revision.