My regular courses are about medieval literature, the English language, and the Bible. Since 2002, when I started a Latin program that is now part of the Classics Minor, I have also taught Latin. Through grants from the Keck and Hewlett foundations as well as from Ithaca College, I have promoted the use of technology in humanities teaching.
For my teaching and scholarship on Environmental Humanities, please click on the Environmental Humanities link (left).
- ENGL 20012 Intermediate Honors Seminar: Wilderness in the Western Mind
- ENGL 23200 Medieval Literature
- ENGL 32300 Biblical Interpretation in Judaism and Christianity
- ENGL 32400 Literature of the Bible
- ENGL 32500 Studies in Medieval Literature
- ENGL 41000 Seminar in Medieval Literature
- ENGL 42500 History and Structure of the English Language
- ENGL 52000 History and Structure of the English Language
- LATN 29900, 39900, 49900 Independent Study in Latin
Public web page:
- Travels With Sir Gawain: Mapping Gawain's Journey from Camelot to Hautdesert in Sir Gawain and the Green Knight.
- Association for the Study of Literature and the Environment (ASLE)
- International Society of Anglo-Saxonists
- International Arthurian Society
- International Association of University Professors of English (IAUPE)
- Medieval Academy of America
- Modern Language Association