Teresa Michel is a faculty member of the Department of Education in the School of Humanities and Sciences. Currently, she teaches Social and Cultural Foundations of Education and Early Field Experience: Theory and Practice.
In addition to teaching, she was the director of the Ithaca College Student Mentor Program, and while serving in that capacity presented on various aspects of mentoring and service learning at local, regional, state, and national education conferences through the years. She was also the primary author of the first Conceptual Framework for Teacher Education at Ithaca College. Her work with pre-service teachers in their early public school field experiences introduces them to the professional process and practice of teacher inquiry, or self-study, as they learn to become reflective practitioners committed to the pursuit and achievement of excellence through equity.
- Early Field Experience: Theory and Practice (EDUC 21910)
- Social and Cultural Foundations of Education (EDUC 34000)
- Issues in Elementary Education
- Mentoring in the Community
- Education and Society
- H&S Student Teaching Seminar
- Special Methods in English