I'm a human-computer interaction (HCI) researcher with an interest in games with a purpose, information visualization, and user experience design. Most of my work follows a "design science" approach where I conceptualize, design, build, and evaluate systems (like video games or visualization tools) with research goals in mind.
- Diplomats, Assassins, & Spies: NLP game where players dual evil robots and record emotion in tweets.
- Citizen Sort: Games where players classify plants, animals, and insects for biologists. (www.citizensort.org)
- TEMPO: Educational visualization of the battle of Midway (1942). (www.imperialsolutions.com/tempo)
- Ph.D. in Information Science & Technology, School of Information Studies, Syracuse University (2013)
- M.Phil. in Information Science & Technology, School of Information Studies, Syracuse University (2012)
- M.S. in New Media, Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse University (2006)
- B.A. in American History, Maxwell School of Citizenship & Public Affairs, Syracuse University (2001)
- B.A. in TV-Radio-Film Production, Newhouse School of Public Communications, Syracuse University (2001)
- Web Administrator at Morrisville State College (2006-2009)
- UX, Web, & Interactive Designer (various companies) in Los Angeles, CA and Clifton Park, NY (2001-2005)
- Freelance design and consulting (2001-present)
- My design and research portfolio is online at: www.imperialsolutions.com.
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/pub/nathan-prestopnik/6/54b/7b5