Loop's most recent scholarship, "The Ethics Evolution of Fantasy Sports Journalism," was published in Journal of Sport Management and Commercialization in 2015. Additionally, "The Readability of Fantasy Sports Journalism" was published in Journal of Sports Pedagogy and Physical Education in 2015. Previously, "Twitter Usage in Fantasy Sports Journalism" was published in the International Journal of Sport and Society in 2013, and "Attribution Scarcity in Fantasy Sports Journalism" was published in the International Journal of Sport and Society in 2010. "A National Study of Ethics in Television News" was published in Electronic News Journal in 2010. Loop's work also has been published in Mass Communication & Society; Newspaper Research Journal; Journalism and Mass Communication Quarterly; and Journalism and Mass Communication Educator.
- Outstanding National Campus Chapter, Society of Professional Journalists
- Ithaca College Faculty Excellence Award
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communications, paper competition honors
- Roy H. Park School of Communications inaugural Master Teacher
- Park Scholar Faculty Mentor
- Journalism Department chair
Society of Professional Journalists
- David L. Eshelman Outstanding Adviser Award
- Campus Adviser at large, national board of directors
- Vice President for Campus Chapter Affairs, national board of directors
- Sigma Delta Chi, national board of directors
- Founding adviser, Ithaca College chapter
Lambda Pi Eta
- Adviser, Roy H. Park School of Communications honor society
Before coming to teach at Ithaca College, Loop was national editor of the Nashville Banner newspaper. Previously, he was a copy editor at the Intelligencer Journal newspaper in Lancaster, Pa., and at the Kansas City Times and Star. He also has worked as an editor at the Ithaca Journal. He has a master's degree in journalism from the University of Missouri at Columbia and a bachelor's degree in television-radio from Ithaca College.