- Ed.D. Syracuse University (1985), Syracuse, New York, Physical Education/Exercise Physiology
- M.S. SUNY at Cortland (1977), Cortland, New York, Health Education
- B.S. Ithaca College (1972), Ithaca, New York, Physical Therapy
Undegraduate classes taught:
- Prevention & Care of Athletic Injuries
- Therapeutic Exercise in Athletic Training
- Therapeutic Modalities in Athletic Training
- Seminar in Athletic Training
- AT Techniques I, III, & IV
- Clinical Experience in Athletic Training IV & V
- Internship in Athletic Training I & II
I began working as an athletic trainer and teacher at Ithaca College in August of 1972, one day after completing my physical therapy degree from IC! I have enjoyed spending my entire professional career at IC and have had many wonderful opportunities to grow personally and professionally as a result. As an athletic trainer, I have been able to work with one of the outstanding Division III athletic programs in the country. Academically, I have taught many courses over the years and served as the Program Director for our Athletic Training Education Program for its initial 30 years. I currently am the Clinical Education Coordinator for the program and a Professor in the Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences. I am thankful to have worked for many years in a great profession, at a great place, and with great colleagues, students and student-athletes.
In my spare time I enjoy jogging, golfing, and keeping in touch with our graduates. I have a large baseball memorabilia collection in my home (see My Pictures section) and have dug a couple small ponds in my backyard where I enjoy tending to the plants, fish, frogs, turtles, etc. In recent years, I have also become very interested in researching my family genealogy. As a result, I have written a book about some of my relatives who were in the Civil War (see My Links section).