- Biology Seminar BIOL 41100 / 41200 (PDF)
- Conservation Biology -- BIOL / ENVS 21200 (PDF)
- Fundamentals of Biology labs labs -- BIOL 11900 (PDF)
- Literature in Biology -- BIOL 30100 (PDF)
Courses previously taught:
- Environmental Science Lecture and Labs
- Environmental Biology
- Environmental Science I lab
- Examining the World through Evolutionary Biology
- Fundamentals of Biology Labs
- General Ecology lab
- Principles of Biology lab
- Humanities and Sciences Awards Experiential Learning Curriculum Enhancement Grant. This grant is awarded to enhance courses.
Course: Environmental Science II Research/Service Learning Models
Goal: to develop a new course, Environmental Science II: Science and Technology, that will be part of the Core Curriculum of the Environmental Studies Program. This course will incorporate experiential learning content through a sustainability pilot project laboratory module (lasting four weeks) and a hands-on service learning assignment to be integrated with course content. I will enhance the laboratory module (used in a previous course) to insure that students make stronger connections between their individual projects and course content. I will devise the service learning assignment, which will last throughout the semester, to help students recognize how knowledge learned in the classroom can be applied to solve real world issues; I will require students to develop a contract with the host organization and to develop a project that incorporates mutual benefits and reflection on learning to meet this outcome.